Pages

Saturday, 14 August 2021

Goodbye Coordinate: Rose Forest Lace OP

Whew, exams are over, so I can finally relax a little bit! Feels weird to just...not be studying.

I'm still in the process of closet cleaning, but I think I've cleared out most of the pieces that I'm tired of. I still have a few main pieces that I'm on the fence about, but I've sold off most of my unwanted blouses, purses, and accessories. I have a hard time letting go of items that I still really like, even if I'm not using them, so it was a bit difficult. It helped when I came up for pros/cons of keeping each individual item. I often didn't have any justifications for keeping an item other than "it's cute" and "it has sentimental value" so I'd recommend that method to anyone who is having trouble saying goodbye to pieces that they don't wear very much!

It's tough with Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© in particular because older pieces are so coveted and so high in price that I know that if I change my mind on an item, I'll never get my hands on it for a reasonable price again. I collected most of my older, nicer pieces back when MoitiΓ© was at a low point. I remember balking if someone priced a choker or socks at over $25 because I knew I could get them for even cheaper. I should have bought more at the time, but I was also an intern on an intern salary. ┐(‘~`;)┌

Here's one of my goodbye coordinates with my Rose Forest Lace OP, which I bought from a friend who was unhappy with the fit. I really wanted to like this dress, but it just doesn't fit me well either. I don't fill out the top half and the waistline hits at a wider part of my torso, so it just looks baggy unless I'm wearing it with a corset or something to cinch the waist in. It sits a bit weirdly on my shoulders, too. That being said, it's super comfortable, even in this hot weather! 

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this dress to someone who is built like me with wide shoulders, a flat bust, and a shorter torso with a small waist. It'll just hang in weird places. You need a some curves to fill it out properly.

 
OP: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Rose Forest Lace OP
Blouse: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Holy Cross Collar Blouse
Corset: Sheglit Lace-Up Frill Corset
Blazer: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Lace-Trimmed Jacket
Headdress: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Coffin Lace Headdress
Choker:  Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Coffin Lace Choker
Necklace: Black Peace Now
Socks:  Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Lace Ribbon OTKs (2019)
Shoes: Antaina 

I can't justify keeping a pretty dress if it doesn't flatter me, even if I like everything else about it. But I ended up selling it to a local friend at the price I paid for it, so I'm very glad that it found a good home! Does anyone else have a hard time saying goodbye?

[Current Music: Vision Video - Inked in Red]

No comments:

Post a Comment