Pages

Sunday, 22 August 2021

Hot Summer Tea Party ☀️

I went out for afternoon tea with my good friends today! We're all gothic lolitas, but we didn't actually plan on wearing MoitiΓ© main pieces...it just turned out that way. Same brain cell and all that.

POV: You're about to get stepped on by the MoitiΓ© hivemind

Wearing lolita in summer truly is suffering. I would have loved to dress up super fancy for tea, but the humid weather defeated my plans. I went to my old summer standby: my MoitiΓ© Juliet OP. Juliet OP is one of my best purchases ever! It's so comfortable on its own in summer, and looks cute layered on top of a blouse or cutsew in the cooler months. It's one of those pieces that I only bought because I saw it in person - the stock photos aren't that great.

Somehow I've never worn short socks with lolita, even though I've been wearing the fashion for years. I think it's cute, and it was definitely more comfortable than my usual OTKs, but I'm not sure if I totally like the look or not. I think it's something that I'll have to get used to. Even outside of lolita I don't usually wear clothing that shows my legs.

Ugh, I just realized my necklace was turned around! (⇀‸↼‶) It's got a red rose inside to match my rose headdress. I was wearing a red ring, too.

OP: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Juliet OP
Headdress: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Rose Cross Arch Headdress
Jewellery: NΓ©ant Glass, Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©
Socks:  Alice and the Pirates See-Through Stripe Short Socks
Shoes: Yosuke

It was my first time dining indoors since the pandemic began, so I was initially a little bit nervous. But after I reminded myself that so many of my friends and coworkers have been going to restaurants and movie theatres with no ill effects, and that my city has a very high vaccination rate, I felt calmer. Even though I thankfully don't have to deal with covid patients in my line of work, being a healthcare worker during the pandemic has been nerve-wracking, especially because I live and work with immunocompromised people (and I have some chronic health conditions myself). I'm working hard on adjusting to the fact that the current situation is relatively low-risk, while still remaining cautious.

I had a tower of delicious sandwiches and tiny desserts, and an entire pot of vanilla chai tea. We also had some sparkling green tea to finish, which was super refreshing on a hot day like today. I've been meaning to try making sparkling tea at home. I hate sparkling water (why would anyone want spicy water?) but sparkling tea is awesome.

After our tea platters we continued our tradition of seeking out the nearest McDonald's for a round of chicken nuggets and fries. We weren't even that hungry, but it felt wrong just walking past without getting a snack for the road. We also took the usual circle of feet and hand star photos, because your lolita meet isn't complete without them. Don't @ me, I don't make the rules.



I haven't seen some of my friends in person since 2019, so it was wonderful hanging out with them in a more-or-less normal situation. We were still missing a few people, but this was still such a great turnout! I can't wait until we get to reunite with the American half of our little goth squad ( ´ ∀ `)γƒŽ~ ♡

[Current Music: Perturbator - Birth of the New Model]

1 comment:

  1. Lovely meet-up pics, it's so nice to see so many people wearing moitie together. Juliet OP really is awesome πŸ’™.
    I'm glad your city sounds relatively safe covid-wise, I'm sorry your job still made it worrisome.
    Best wishes for this new colder season 😊

    ReplyDelete