Pages

Monday, 21 February 2022

Uneventful days...

Hello bats! Just a low-key post about what I've been up to lately. Long story short: nothing, haha.

I had a very laid-back day today - I went to a cute cafΓ© with a couple of my friends. I had a brownie and a chai latte, which is a bit sugary for me but I figured that I already ate a ton of junk food over the past week (pierogis, beer, cocktails, macarons...) so might as well add fuel to the fire. Actually, I've been exercising a lot to build up my stamina for longboarding, so maybe it will all balance out. At least, that's what I tell myself. Haha ( ´ ▽ ` )b

I wore a very simple and comfortable coord to today's meetup. It was chilly out so I finally had an opportunity to wear this cozy velveteen Victorian Maiden OP. I bought it about a year ago on Mercari for a surprisingly good price considering that it's in mint condition. The seller wrote in the description that she bought the dress in 2001 and it sat in her closet wrapped in the original packaging for 20 years. I can't imagine spending like $300 on a dress and just leaving it in the closet for that long...odd story, right?

Dress: Victorian Maiden Charlotte OP
Headdress: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Neo Gothic Arch Mini Print Headdress
Socks: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ© Ribbon Cross OTKs
Accessories: Vivienne Westwood, NΓ©ant Glass, Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©
Shoes: Bodyline

So...other things I've been up to lately? Not much, to be perfectly honest. Not going to elaborate, but basically things are not good. I'm not really exaggerating when I say that I've only been to my workplace and the grocery store for the past couple of months (and throughout most of the pandemic) aside from occasionally going to bars/restaurants when things were actually open. I went out for "fun" probably a grand total of about 10 times. It's insanely monotonous and the past two years have been an absolute fucking slog. I'm kind of considering buying concert tickets - PUP is playing here in a few months - even though my immune system is an absolute dumpster fire, just so I have something to look forward to. I have a lot of vacation time banked so I wanted to fly to the UK this May to see Carpenter Brut, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, but it's logistically a little difficult. I haven't taken any vacation time since 2019 so I'm starting to get stir crazy. Oh my god get me out of hereeeee ヽ(*`οΎŸΠ”´)οΎ‰

Seriously, all I've been doing is drawing and watching comedy and game shows, with the occasional documentary or band interview peppered in. For some reason I'm just not keen on watching episodic drama series like I used to - I just want something funny and lighthearted. I think I've watched almost every episode of Taskmasker now.

Aside from that...the lolita no-buy has been going pretty smoothly! Just hit 20 weeks without buying any new pieces. I've been tempted a few times, but I've been staying strong. Of course, it also helps that I got hit with a few big bills recently (vet bills and tuition...oof) and that I have other expensive vices to fill the void instead...

Collecting vinyl is one of those vices. I got lucky with this find. I bought a near-mint copy of Interpol's first EP, Fukd ID #3. Only 1000 copies were ever pressed, so it's exactly super rare, but it also doesn't come up for sale terribly often. Truly rare Interpol stuff is pretty hard to find because they're so popular, so I don't really bother hunting for it. I hope they come back to Canada soon...would really love to get this signed (ღˇᴗˇ)。o

I also preordered Franz Ferdinand's Hits to the Head on vinyl! I really like the track listing because it's got almost all of my favourite bangers on. Sadly The Universe Expanded and You Could Have It So Much Better aren't on it, but I'll manage. I totally loved FF when I was younger (largely because I had/have a crush on Alex Kapranos) but kinda lost interest after they dropped the post-punk revival vibes. Later I gave their newer material another chance and fell in love again haha. Very happy to have that in my collection!

Another treat is that I also get my nails done all the time. I recently cut them short and got one of those squiggly manicures that everyone seems to have now. One hand is in white and the other is black. Also, peep my new Vitaly armour ring! I'd been eyeing it ever since it featured in an advert they ran a few months back.

Other expensive fixation: dolls. I've posted pictures of my doll collection before, but I actually haven't added much to it over the past year. I ended up getting the Monster High Beetlejuice collector set, and I also lucked out and got ahold of Pullip Seila. One of my good friends bought the same doll, so we were hoping to meet up and twin with our dolls! I've never gone to a doll meet because...I don't know why, honestly. I guess it's sort of weird to walk around carrying a doll with you, but people already think lolitas look weird anyway.


That's it for now!

[Current Music: PUP - Familiar Patterns]

No comments:

Post a Comment