Pages

Thursday, 16 June 2022

Tea for ILD


Hello bats! I hope everyone had a lovely International Lolita Day the other weekend! I was working on the day proper, so the next day I went out for afternoon tea with my best friend and her husband. We decided to wear black and red coordinates since that was the colour theme of the restaurant. We made reservations ahead of time since Sunday lunch is pretty popular downtown, so we are expecting it to be slammed...but to our surprise, we were the only diners present. That was totally fine by me, since I hate getting interrupted by "what are you guys wearing?" while I'm trying to eat in peace.
Since it was quiet, we ended up chatting quite a bit with the staff. They told us that we were actually their last tea service customers ever, so we ended up getting tons of extra goodies for free! They really loved our clothing and so they were curious, but in a genuinely friendly way and not in that weird way that most people are - you know, like when it's obvious that they see you as a freakshow. Anyway, they offered to host tea service just for us if we called ahead before they open up for full dinner service! 

The tea service featured a very classic menu of finger sandwiches, scones, and small desserts (and some very expensive champagne). I was very tempted by the champagne and cocktails but I'd just spent Friday night getting turnt at the bar with one of my friends so that seemed like a poor choice ( ´ ▽ ` )b I definitely want to try the cocktail menu the next time I go, though. I had a lovely pot of vanilla earl grey tea instead. They even gave us a cute little hourglass tea timer!


The egg salad sandwiches were honestly the best I'd ever had. They had some interesting scone flavours instead of the standard fare too - mine was chocolate and berry! Yum. For dessert we had cute little chocolates and cookies with different fillings. The food and service were phenomenal, and I left feeling very full and happy πŸ–€ I'm always a bit hungry after tea so I was pretty surprised at the amount of food we got.

I decided to wear a simple coord with my Rosy Night's Masquerade JSK. I've only worn it once or twice since I bought it because I wasn't sure about the cut, but I've come to really like it. I think the dropped waist is flattering and balances out my shorter torso and longer legs. It's a bit tubular so it's not a snug fit, but I mean...that's ideal for scarfing down trays of finger sandwiches, right? 

Headdress: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©
JSK: Alice and the Pirates
Blouse: Infanta
Socks: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©
Accessories: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©, NΓ©ant Glass,Vivienne Westwood
Bag: Banned Apparel
Shoes: Na+H
 
Also, obligatory manicure photo. It's a multichrome magnetic gel polish so it shifts from green to yellow to blue in the light. I usually get nail art instead of a single colour but I was just too tired to sit still for that long. It doesn't match my coord at all - I would like to start wearing green, but there aren't too many gothic-friendly green main pieces out there...

Anyway, that's it for now (α΄—͈Λ¬α΄—͈)κ•€.゚

No comments:

Post a Comment