Hello bats! I'm sharing a coordinate from a few weeks ago, since this is the last time I ended up wearing this dress. I haven't been able to wear lolita recently anyway since I just got a big tattoo on my back, so I'm stuck wearing loose cotton tops only until it heals (´;︵;`) Once it looks a bit less angry, I'll post some pictures.
Katrina OP is one of my favourite designs, but I think I've exhausted everything I want to do with it for now. Katrina is such a gorgeous dress and I'm really happy that I had the chance to own and wear it. It's comfortable and easy to coordinate so I ended up wearing it really frequently...but it's hard for me to work with because I like to layer and wear corsets or jackets. The shape of this dress doesn't mesh well with the layering pieces that I own, and it's too heavy to wear year-round. I've gotten lots of pretty coordinates out of this piece, so I think it's time to let it go for someone else to enjoy.
Dress: Angelic Pretty Katrina OP
Bonnet: Kuroneko Majo Atelier Vampire Rose Bonnet
Socks: Estrellas Oath Garden OTKs
Accessories: NΓ©ant Glass, Luna Borgia
Shoes: Na+H Strap Shoes
I always wear lolita a lot in October - early autumn provides the ideal lolita weather. It's not rainy or cold, and it's not hot either. Plus, the leaves and Halloween decor make for pretty backdrops! It feels weird not wearing lolita at all, but hopefully I can dress up before the month is over. In the meantime, I have lots of time to do some closet cleaning. In addition to selling pieces I'm not using, I've also been doing some closet maintenance. I have so many old shoes that need repainting and minor repairs, like these two. The straps are broken and the soles are peeling off, so they need some TLC. I bought both of these pairs of shoes back in 2014, and they're showing their age.
Actually...I'm pretty sure I wore the pair on the left for my first full coordinate ever! I did buy a few lolita pieces well before 2014, but I just incorporated them into regular casual outfits because I was way too chicken to wear a full coordinate in public. Does anyone else remember getting outfit inspiration from the
Daily Alamode LiveJournal community? (´͈ α΅ `͈ )Such good memories!
Even though I'm trying to clear space in my closet and throw away unsalvageable stuff, I ended up getting lucky on Lace Market! I adore the Alice and the Pirates vampire series and have owned lots of them over the years. I just sold my Vampire Requiem Long JSK, and I sold my Vampire Forest JSK a long time ago - the prints are gorgeous, but the cuts just don't suit me. I'd prefer to have them as skirts. But the pieces I always regretted selling was my Vampire Prelude skirt and JSK in black. I have no idea what possessed me to sell them, but I did. Anyway, the ivory JSK popped up a few days ago and I immediately bought it. A few of my friends own this dress, and I can't wait to twin with them!

Lastly, to get into the Halloween spirit, so I treated myself to
another nail set at a different salon. They're much shorter and easier to manage now! I loved the dramatic long coffin shape I had before because it made me feel kind of like an Instagram baddie, but I work with my hands and they were just constantly getting in the way. The short almond shape is still cute but much more practical. The nail technician also did a very
good job repairing the damage done at the salon I went to at the
beginning of September - I had to go back two weeks after that first
nail set for maintenance and they rushed the job. The nail art was a bit
messy which is forgivable, but they also burned the hell out of my
nailbeds with the curing lamp and gouged deep into my natural nails. Have to wait for the damage to grow out now...
That's it for now! I hope you're all having a wonderful start to the spooky season!! ( ´ ▽ ` )
No comments:
Post a Comment