Pages

Wednesday, 1 September 2021

Goodbye Coordinate: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Chandelier JSK

I decided to wear my white Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Chandelier JSK before I listed it for sale, but there's a story behind this dress! I bought it from Closet Child many years ago when a friend sent the listing to me. The listing stated that it was lightly stained and the price reflected that, but the photos didn't look too bad, so I went for it. I think it was my first white (well, ivory) Moitiรฉ piece and I was just very excited to try shiro lolita for the first time so I didn't care if it was stained - cheap Moitiรฉ! You can probably see where this is going...

The dress arrived with some interesting stains. There were rusty orange discolourations on the inner lining of the bodice and armpits - maybe the first wearer had worn it without a blouse and it was just oxidized body lotion or deodorant or something...? But the really spooky stains were the brownish-red spray and splatters down the front of the bodice and skirt, and on the back too. It was even in the lining. Initially I thought it was just some kind of sauce, but after looking more closely at the stains I'm 99% certain it was blood. ฮฃ(°△°|||)︴I tossed it in the washing machine with some sanitizer and predictably the bloodstains didn't really come out, so it just became the mysteriously cursed dress that I only wore on Halloween. It only seemed fitting.

 

Halloween party coordinate from...I can't even remember what year this was...

Anyway, I hadn't thought about this dress in a long time, and I was doing a big wardrobe purge a little while back. I'm not a fan of ivory and I don't have much that matches with it. On top of that, the dress doesn't fit me very well in the bust and tends to just slip down over the course of the day. I don't have that problem with some of Moitiรฉ's other bustier-style dresses, but something about the shape of this one just doesn't work on my body shape. It's a beautiful piece, but it's not right for me. So it had to go.
 
I decided to give cleaning another go. My mom swears by this weird all-purpose cleaner for removing stains - it's neon yellow, and it looks and smells radioactive. I figured the dress wasn't worth much in its current condition so I had nothing to lose if the cleaner melted the fabric or something. To my surprise, it cleaned the stains extremely well! After two rounds of spot treating and some more washes, it was pretty much good as new.

 
JSK: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Chandelier JSK
Blouse: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Rose Flare Sleeve Cutsew
Belt: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Candelabra Lace Obi Belt
Headdress: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Rose Cross Lace Head Bow
Choker:  Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Dot Tulle Choker
Necklace: Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Candelabra Pearl Necklace
Bag: La Luice Lace Rabbit Pochette
Socks:  Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ Thorny OTKs
Shoes: Metamorphose Heel Strap Platform Shoes

This dress really is pretty, but you can see that the bodice doesn't fit me lol. It's a little too long and the bust is too big. I still really like it but...yeah. I'm sure someone else can do it justice!

This is also my first time wearing this headdress (Moi-mรชme-Moitiรฉ's Rose Cross Lace Head Bow). I paid way too much for it because I got into a bidding war, but I've literally been looking for this specific colourway for several years, and I never got my hands on it, so I didn't mind splurging a little. Isn't it pretty? It has cute picot ribbons and a rhinestone cross decoration. The size is perfect, too. Moitiรฉ headdresses are so good. I've sold a lot of mine because I'm running out of space and I don't really need that many frilly rose headdresses...but they're just so cute ( ´ ∀ `)ใƒŽ~ ♡

Oh, and of course I had to make a silly edit picture!


[Current Music: MDFMK - Witch Hunt]


4 comments:

  1. F in the chat for the vampire who clearly went to a feast in this dress before they handed it to Closet Child. But also, that radioactive neon yellow stain remover sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleaner is called "Totally Awesome"! And yeah, I really wonder what happened to the previous wearer...vampire? Tea party brawl?!

      Delete
  2. Lmao what a cursed dress! Honestly kinda cool but also very ??? like wtf. The stain remover does sound awesome though, any idea on the name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked my mom and it's apparently called "Totally Awesome"!

      Delete