Since I broke my nails when I fell, and because I'm going to a wedding soon, I treated myself to gel nails! I had to keep my colours neutral to match with the wedding theme since I'm going to be a bridesmaid, but I still wanted to be a little extra. The thumb is about the length that my natural nails were (I need them to be short for work) but I went really long on the other fingers. Haven't had my nails this long since uni...I'm going to have to relearn how to type, haha. On my way out of the salon, I realized that a new bakery had opened across the street! I bought Hokkaido cream cheese cakes for me and my mom, and also treated myself to the first bubble tea I'd had in about a year. I always get taro milk tea with tapioca and 1/3 sugar (⭒•͈ πΊ •͈ )
![]() |
| My hand is still scraped up haha (´͈ α΅ `͈ ) |
Anyway, in my last post, I mentioned I was going to buy a cassette Walkman from Mercari, but now I'm thinking of getting a Discman or a cute CD player too! I used to have so many CDs lying around, but I don't know what happened to my collection. Most of it was regular stuff you could buy at HMV but I had some visual kei and jpop stuff, too. And of course tons of mix CDs that I burned myself. I remember having a bunch of (probably bootleg) Ayumi Hamasaki CDs in the early 2000s. I loved all of the remix CDs because I was really into techno and trance, but I liked the regular versions too. I watched the video for Rainbow so many times...the outfits, nails, and makeup were so pretty! It's still my favourite Ayu song.
The cover art for the Rainbow album is so pretty, too. I love that blue colour and glass/plastic look that was everywhere in early-2000s album cover art haha. The interlude track "Neverending Dream" on this album really brings me back in time...it really sounds like something from Phantasy Star Online, right? It reminds me of chilling in the PSO game lobby with my internet friends in 2005 (❁´◡`❁) so many good memories!
Back to the CD player...I went looking around for nostalgia's sake and I found the cutest little mini hi-fi setup! Panasonic SA-PM50MD. The glass front panel is motorized so that when you press the CD button, it glides up to reveal the CD tray. It looks pretty slick for a late-90s hi-fi - I love the silver/orange/green colour scheme. It comes in an all-white version, but the orange is really charming. The buttons are all backlit, too. It's a little bit expensive, even though it's an older machine, so I'm not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger just yet, but...soon. I need a new record player first. I would love to find a record player that's as cute as this hi-fi!
[Current Music: Drab Majesty - Dot in the Sky]



Holy crap I hope you’re okay. I’ve told my partner that every goth fears eating dirt by tripping in platforms or something but it always happens and you just have to be prepared for it. Hope you heal okay!
ReplyDeleteHaha, it's so true! Falling over in ridiculous shoes is inevitable part of being a goth. I'm ok though! ╰(*´︶`*)╯
DeleteOh my gosh I'm sorry you got hurt like that :(
ReplyDeleteAahh I also had lots of mix CDs I burned! Like Rentrer en Soi, Old Kana etc. I sometimes miss having a cdplayer with a proper sound instead of just playing my CDs on my DVD player. I still buy physical CDs, I resist the concept of having everything dematerialized xD. I don't wanna be stuck without my music / DVDs if internet is out or if my phone is out etc. I'm an old granny π .
(And yet then I rip the music from my CDs & copy them on my phone xD)
I feel the same way about having physical media!! There is just something so nice about holding a CD or record in your hands, and looking at the lyric book and art. Some of the super old stuff is only available on CDs and cassettes too...
Delete