Pages

Friday, 15 May 2020

Lolita Blog Carnival: Have A Friend Make A Coord For You

For this week's edition of Lolita Blog Carnival, we were prompted to ask a friend or SO to make a coordinate for us. I recruited my best friend @vudu_juju since she's a gothic lolita and MoitiΓ© devotee, just like me! She and I will often gravitate to the same main pieces, and we buy the same things in different colours for twinning purposes, but we'll often coordinate the same items totally differently. She loves to experiment and go OTT with unique accessories and interesting materials...and I generally throw on a comfy OP and call it a day. This goes for our non-lolita wardrobes, too! She looks like an elegant vampire who plays synths in an 80s goth band whereas I just kinda channel sloppy 90s goth. But hey, mallgoth is back in style if Instagram is anything to go by.

I really like the coordinate she came up with for me! I wouldn't have thought to use white as an accent colour, but there's actually a bit of white in the print, so I think it goes together quite nicely. I also don't get many opportunities to wear this corset, so I'm happy that she chose it. It's actually a jacquard fabric so it looks really beautiful in person.

I've also been interested in trying longer cuts recently. I still prefer short cuts just for the cuteness factor, but long cuts look so elegant and mature. Granted, since I'm rectangle-shaped and not very tall, I think they make me a little stumpy, but whatever. I also think that going without a petticoat looks much better with a long dress than with a short one.


Skirt: Enchantlic Enchantilly
Blouse: Alice and the Pirates
Corset: Alice and the Pirates
OTKs: Atelier17, Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©
Headdress: Metamorphose
Shoes: Metamorphose
Accessories: Moi-mΓͺme-MoitiΓ©

Thank you so much for reading! Be sure to check out the other LBC bloggers discussing today's topic. 


5 comments:

  1. Oooh, the white IS a great choice, I also wouldn't have thought of using it (certainly not in this way). I think the longer length looks fine on you, at least on this picture - the big platform heels help to negate any height cut-off the dress length might otherwise have given you. Though nothing quite like a shorter dress to give one legs for days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so true. The only reason I wear short skirts is to make my legs look longer!

      Delete
  2. I finally figured out blogger so that I can comment! I'm usually tethered to your YouTube comments but I figured it would be nice to finally respond to your blog as well. I do think the longer length looks good on you, especially with the larger platform heels.

    Also great choice in song. Slightly off-topic, but do you think early BUCK-TICK is goth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger's comment system is kind of weird, it took me a while to get it working too!

      Early BUCK-TICK isn't exactly goth, but it's so heavily post-punk inspired that I wouldn't think twice if I heard them at a goth club. They sounded a lot like The Cure!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete